Leadership competencies have little impact without a measurement process that provides developmental feedback.
Once an organization has identified and defined the competencies that drive organizational success, it is important to measure those competencies and provide people feedback on their strengths, development needs and weaknesses. Competencies have little impact without a measurement process that provides developmental feedback.
We will work in partnership with your organization to design and deliver an online 360 degree feedback survey. Starting with your competencies, we would generate items that measure each of your competencies including underlying dimensions. An employee would access the 360 degree survey online and complete items to generate a self-evaluation of their competencies. Concurrently, designated raters, including line managers, peers, direct reports and others would access the 360 degree survey online and complete items based on that employee. Coaching professionals would interpret and deliver the feedback results to maximize the development value for the employee. Development needs would be prioritized and subsequently, integrated into the development planning process.
360 degree feedback benefits include:
- the identification of competency strengths, development needs and weaknesses
- multiple perspectives — which reinforce and strengthen the feedback themes and messages
- greater self-awareness — employees see themselves as others see them
- the realization that development needs and weaknesses can no longer be ignored
- motivation to prioritize development planning and move into action
- enhanced trust, openness and communication amongst team and colleagues
- greater likelihood of incremental feedback and coaching once development issues are recognized and accepted
- the ability to measure competency development improvements over time
To encourage authentic feedback from others, we recommend that 360 degree feedback is used for developmental purposes.