More than 75 keynotes, workshops and other speaking engagements in 17 countries. Audiences ranged from 25 to 650 people, including CEOs, senior executive teams, senior leaders, high potentials, entrepreneurs, academics, HR executives, and talent management and leadership development professionals.
How We Can Help
Keynotes provide insight into best practice talent management and leadership development. These events can influence senior executives and others about the importance and value of investing in talent development to deliver business results. Workshops provide strategic and operational insight for people engaged in talent management and leadership development work. Workshop participants may include members of the talent review committee, talent executives, human resources executives, HR business partners, or talent management professionals. We will work with your organization to design an event that meets your needs.
About Candy Albertsson, PhD
Candy is an international talent management consultant, speaker and innovator. She has 23 years of experience working with a variety of Global 500, Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 companies in 25 countries on 4 continents. Candy has delivered more than 75 keynotes, workshops and other speaking engagements at European, American, and Middle Eastern conferences and professional meetings.
She has worked with several international management colleges, institutes, business schools, and university affiliated organizations, including the Danish Technological Institute, Duke Corporate Education, European School of Management and Technology (ESMT), Henley Management College, Indian School of Business (ISB), Institute for Management Studies (IMS), London Speaker Bureau, Roffey Park Institute, and Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School. Candy is the architect of the patented Development Experiences Blueprint™, an innovative career pathing, talent development and succession planning cloud-based software application that encapsulates experience, the missing link in talent management.
Previously, Candy worked at BP for 10 years. She held the senior talent management position globally. Working closely with the Group Managing Directors and other senior executives, Candy had strategic and operational responsibility for an integrated set of talent management programs and processes, including the Group High Potential Programme (monthly full-day talent reviews chaired by the Deputy CEO), talent brokering (top 500 deployment and succession), coaching and mentoring high potentials, succession planning and strategic succession management (top 500 positions including annual strategic review chaired by the Deputy CEO), assessment (two levels of assessment centers for the identification, development and calibration of early career and mid-career talent worldwide), and the talent management strategy. The BP leadership development story has been recognized as world class. Leadership guru Warren Bennis and Linkage collaborated on a study of 350 organizations worldwide and identified 15 organizations with best practices in leadership development. They invited Candy to write a chapter on her talent management work at BP for their Linkage Inc.'s Best Practices in Leadership Development Handbook (second publication, Jossey-Bass, 2000).
Candy holds a PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from The University of Akron, lived in London for 15 years and holds 3 citizenships (American, British and Icelandic).
- Getting Serious about Talent Management. Exploration & Production Technology Summit. Houston, TX, US, October 2008
- Building a Talent Management and Succession Planning Infrastructure to Maximise National Talent. GCC Nationalisation Summit, Dubai, UAE, May 2008
- Winning the Global War for Talent. ISB Kellogg Global Advanced Management Programme (hosted by the Indian School of Business), Hyderabad, IN, October 2006
- Managing Talent. Tate & Lyle Senior HR Global Leadership Team Conference, London, GB, June 2006
- The War for Talent. Management and Human Capital Conference, Nicosia, CY, November 2005
- Maximizing Talent. HSBC Integrated People Management Program, Hong Kong, CN, November 2005
- Winning the Talent Management Game. Talent and Leadership Management Conference (hosted by the Danish Technological Institute), Copenhagen, DK, March 2005
- Employee Engagement and Motivation — Strengthening your Team's Performance. AES Europe & Africa Senior Leadership Team, Prague, CZ, March 2005
- Winning the Talent Management Game. KBC Bank Executive Leadership Team Conference, Brussels, BE, January 2005
- Navigating the Talent Management Game. Management Centre Europe's 35th Global Human Resources Conference, Venice, IT, April 2003